1. Which projects did you review?
As suggested, I reviewed three art criticism projects that were in the drop box. The ones I reviewed were Man's Best Friend by Andrew Reed, Life and Death by Andrew Klin, and Emotions by Nicole Annalora.
2. Why did you select the Exhibit you critiqued?
I selected Emotions by Nicole Annalora because of the three I reviewed, it appeared to have the most information included in it (artist, title, medium, size and date). I didn't feel that the other artists in the other two projects were as consistent and thought this would be a more complete project to review.
3. What challenges did you face in writing the critique article and how did you overcome them?
The challenges that I faced were that I did not want to be too harsh and not only constructively criticize the project but look for the good aspects of it as well. I had to make sure that I balanced each negative with a positive so as not to sound so compeltely critical of the artwork because although there were some negative aspects of this project, there were also several positive aspects of it as well.
4. How do you feel about critiquing your peers work?
I think that constructive criticism is good and I take constructive criticism openly and like both giving and recieving criticism because I feel that it keeps you more open minded about things. Something that you are thinking might be percieved differently by someone else. Overall, I felt comfortable writing this critique.
5. Would you like to read the critique your peers wrote about your Art Curation Project?
I would love to read the critique my peers wrote about my Art Curation Project if there are any. I think that criticism can be very constructive and may help with a project in the future if they point out some things that I was not aware of or if they thought my work needed clarification. Sometimes seeing something in your head and putting that idea down for someone else to see can not come out the right way.
6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your finished article and why?
I would rate my finished article as a 7 because I think I was a little repetetive in it, but I felt I had to be because some of the different questions warranted similar responses. I think overall I did a good job because I did not only point out negative but positive aspects of the project as well.
7. Did you enjoy working on this project?
I did enjoy working on this project because I liked the process of creating my artwork and having the chance to look at my peers' artwork so that I could see how mine compared to theirs.
No comments:
Post a Comment